Blog: How to Hire an Ad Agency
Posted by rmunoz on March 21, 2011
Interesting read from BusinessWeek, here’s a excerpt:
Advertising is an exciting, visible business, and when another brand’s agency is making news, it can make their grass appear greener. Plus, it’s a business based on experience, confidence and trust. When trust breaks down, relationships end.
Whatever the reason for an agency switch, too many companies make their selection based on the wrong criteria. That causes heartache, inefficiency, and a significant amount of lost productivity”
10 guiding principles to consider when looking for an advertising agency
1. Don’t limit your search geographically.
2. Don’t screen out agencies based on size.
3. Don’t make industry experience a requirement.
4. Don’t ask for—or even entertain—speculative work.
5. Don’t let a spreadsheet make your decision.
6. Do determine what you need.
7. Do notice the advertising that you admire.
8. Do initiate a conversation.
9. Do invite the agency to your place to review a handful of case studies.
10. Do narrow your list to two or three agencies and spend time at their shop.
The full article can be found here
Bookmark the permalink